Friday, October 7, 2011

The First Cold Winds...

I was reminded by my wife today that last Saturday morning it was warm, unusually so. Tomorrow morning things are to be different. Yesterday a cold front blew through our area and we got the first snow of the season.


As I've said before, we're lucky enough to live in an area of the country where we enjoy all four seasons. And each autumn as the evenings turn from warm, to cool, to perfect, to cold, so many people who live here complain about the weather. It's as if they want all the benefits the colder temperatures and climate allow, but don't want to pay the price. I suppose it's a very human trait--to get something for nothing. Unfortunately, life doesn't work this way...


So the mountains tower above us and a dusting of white covers the peaks. Personally, I love the cooler weather, and understand whenever I hear people moaning about the cold weather. It's the same feeling I have when, in the spring, the winds start to blow warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment