Saturday, May 18, 2013

They Really Are Women Of Steel...


The text was simple, "Would you be interested in filming our race this weekend?"


In the first place, it's an honor to be asked to come take pictures and shoot video, especially since I'm not a professional photographer. To be honest, I had to think about it--not because I didn't want to help out a friend, but because it's been another crazy week.

 

In the end, I just couldn't say no. I'm glad I went.

 

Today was the first time I went to a triathlon. It was the Woman of Steel Triathlon and 5K held in American Fork. You can see a video I made of the race: HERE. It was a cold, rainy day--50ยบ when I pulled up at 7:15am. Luckily, we only got a little rain which was unusual because it appeared the entire rest of the valley was getting drenched.


It was fun to be with good friends and the women that competed in the event were truly inspirational. They kept going, even though I know many wanted to quit.

 

I tip my hat to you, women of steel, and I hope continue to do push yourselves and accomplish great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment