Saturday, June 1, 2013

Helping Out Any Way They Can...


I saw the kids and their card table on the corner as I drove to my in-law's tonight. That's cute, I thought. A lemonade stand. We usually don't stop, mostly because our kids have sensitivity issues to some foods, and we don't know what's in the lemonade, or the cookies, or the other items found at such events.

After our visit, we passed by the kids again. I waved and smiled, and since I knew I wasn't going to stop, I hoped waving and smiling would take some of the sting of us not stopping. This time as I passed, I read their signs.

It was the sign with the picture of a tornado that caught my attention. It read "Help The Victims In Oklahoma." I had my son in the van with me and we talked about how great it was for them to help. We were a few blocks away when I remembered I had some cash in my wallet. I turned the van around and drove back.

I snapped a picture as my son handed the kids a few bucks. He told them we didn't want to buy anything, just to make a donation. It's only a few dollars. I hope it helps out in some small way. But I praise the kids for doing something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment