Monday, June 24, 2013

The Main Library In Salt Lake City...


There's a building in downtown SLC, a place that's worthy of holding the world's most precious items...books.


The building's located across the street from where I work and the other day I walked over with my camera. There is so much to see there, and I'm just talking about the building. You can find out more about the technical aspects of the place: HERE.


I spotted a staircase on the library's top floor and I decided to check it out. It takes you to the roof where you can leave the library and walk down a path on the top of the building. It also allows you to come as close as you'd want to a beehive. Cool!


We lived in SLC in the early 90's, long before they built this building. I ended up studying in the library a few times back in grad school--the library had wifi and the building where I worked did not.


I spent only about 15 minutes in the library the other day. I could have spent at least a week just taking pictures. If you're visiting our beautiful city, please stop by. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment