Saturday, June 8, 2013

Moab...Family Road Trip!


It's been a long time since we took a family road trip. My friend asked if I would help out with his triathlon this weekend in Moab and it sounded like a lot of fun. It ended up being both a lot of fun and a lot of work.  One thing the trip did was remind me that Moab, Utah is like no other place on earth.


The setting is incredible. In a desert of red a green valley flourishes. It reminds me of a cross between Heber City, Utah and Driggs, Idaho--smaller than one, bigger than the other. This weekend was packed, at least if felt that way. There were people everywhere. 


My son and I helped set up the race yesterday. Today I worked the race and the family slept in and played a little bit. I applied sunscreen to my lily-white skin more than once. Okay, maybe not lily-white, but being surrounded by triathletes, who have seen their share of sunlight, I paled in comparison (in more ways than one...). 


After the last winner was announced and the last photo taken of said winner, I loaded up my gear and we drove back home. It's so nice to be home. Going away is fun, but coming home is heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment