Monday, April 3, 2017

Sarcasm Society...Identifying Geniuses Among Us

*

I'm not good at snark. It's why I can't really fully participate in Twitter. I have friends who do, one in particular who tweets a lot, especially about U of U sports. I follow him. I laugh (usually...) at what he posts and what he retweets, but i just can't get into it.

Or, better stated, I'd love to get into it more, but I'm just not good enough.

Maybe it's because I don't have thick skin. Maybe it's because the damage that can be done from a simple tweet is unbelievable, whether it's on purpose or not. Don't think so--google Justine Sacco.

But even though I'm not good at snark, I do enjoy it when it's well done and not attacking (too much...). Case in point, I ran across a website today called Sarcasm Society. You can find their homepage: HERE. I just found this site today and I only looked at one article, but it was fantastic!

You can go to that article: HERE. I admit, the first photo is not the best, but many had me chuckling, out loud, even. A lot of the pictures focus on college life and a lot focus on beer (are the two related--perhaps...). But most are hilarious.

What does sarcasm have to do with Twitter? If you don't know, you don't know Twitter.

* Photo used without permission from: http://sarcasmsociety.com/these-people-are-all-clearly-geniuses/typo-or-no-typo

No comments:

Post a Comment