Saturday, April 1, 2017

Barns And Noble...You Can Just Tell


Why is it that ALL Barnes & Noble Bookstores smell the same? Tonight my oldest son and youngest son and I entered a Barnes & Noble Bookstore close to our house and it smelled just like all the other Barnes & Noble Bookstores I've ever entered.

I don't know why it is.

But I know, when I open that door, exactly where I am.

Today was my oldest son's birthday and while his siblings were at a social gathering, I took the other boys out for a night on the town. Our goal was to find dessert for the birthday boy. We can't go just anywhere due to food sensitivities my children have. One place we know a lot about the nutritional composition of their food is Barnes & Noble. We know this because the birthday boy works as a barista at the very Barnes & Noble Bookstore we visited tonight. As far as finding a delicious dessert--mission accomplished.


I wanted to go to the bookstore for a few reasons. I wanted to see if they had any copies of Dave Butler's Witchy Eye. They did and I picked up my copy. I also ran into someone who bought one of my books at Salt Lake Comic Con FanX two weeks ago. I'm going to blog about that later--it was surreal and very cool.

Yes, there's just something about a Barnes & Noble Bookstore. Good books, delicious snacks, and an opportunity to support amazing authors. It's one of the best places on earth and they all seem to smell the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment