Sunday, February 25, 2018

Spending A Night...Away From Home


I know people (as do almost everyone...) who spend a lot of time traveling. And unless they take their home with them, a la, an RV, they've got to stay somewhere for the night. While traveling for business, or vacation, they usually stay at a hotel or motel. Last night I stayed at the latter.

And I almost never do that.

The competition we attended last night went late so we decided to stay the night at a motel. We booked the room days ago. The website touted the amenities--pool, gym, cable, TV, breakfast, and (most important to me so I could continue writing this daily blog...), WiFi. Indeed, the motel delivered on every one of these claims.

And a few things extra.

I'm not one to complain, and these are not complaints, per se. The beds were very comfortable. The cable TV was limited. The heater worked well (it was a cold night last night...), and the WiFi worked like a charm. We even got a little extra gift in the fridge.


I asked, when we checked out, if the piece of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory was complimentary. You know, like an upgrade of the "mint on the pillow" thing some establishments do (our establishment did not follow the "mint on the pillow" thing...). The receptionist said the cheesecake was not complimentary. I hope they clean it out before the next patrons come calling.

I don't travel much so I don't need to stay in motels or hotels or bed and breakfasts, or other people's homes. But, every once in a while, it makes life a little bit more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment