Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Fyrecon 2018...Never Too Early To Start Planning!


Last week I attended LTUE in Provo. I did not attend last year. I had gone the past three or four years and I loved going. I thought, though, I can take a year off.

But when I went, I realized I had missed it. I missed those people.

Back when I first started writing and getting short stories published, there were more conventions to go to and I seemed to hit them all. The first convention I attended was Salt City Steamfest. It's one that's not coming back. The Salt Lake City Comic Com people were nice enough to provide for us not one amazing convention a year, but two incredible conventions each year since 2013.

That is, until this year. I don't blame them for cutting back, considering the year they've had. I can't wait for their next one next September. It's going to be great.

At LTUE, the organizers of the newest literary convention were there and we discussed a little bit of the upcoming Fyrecon Convention. This is quickly becoming one of my favorites, even after only attending once. I can tell it's becoming a favorite because of how excited I am for June. 

The organizers began working on the 2018 version even before the 2017 version had ended. There's so much to do to pull off something like this. They did a great job last year and have even more planned for the second go around.

If you're a writer and want to hone your craft, learn more, and hang out with some truly talented and amazing people, plan on attending Fyrecon, June 21 - 23, 2018 in Layton, Utah. You can access their website: HERE. I'm sure I'm not the only one for which this convention is becoming a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment