Sunday, February 11, 2018

Almond Coconut Dark Chocolate Bread...Pretty Darn Good


Okay, I admit it--I'm a sucker for chocolate. And apparently I'm a sucker for free samples at the grocery store when chocolate is involved. However, when I think of foods with chocolate in them, I usually don't think of bread.

Maybe I'd better re-think that.

Last week while doing some grocery shopping, I had to pick up a loaf of bread and the friendly baker offered me a sample. In the past, I've had good luck with bread samples. It's even better when they have tasty toppings to sample as well.

"Sure," I said and the baker took out a slice after filling my bread order.

"It's our Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut bread and it's new this month."

What is this sorcery of which you speak, I thought to myself. Dark chocolate, almonds, coconut? My mouth started to water at just the thought of it. I watched as he took out a knife and dipped it into a whiteish spread and handed it over.


And it was good!

As I stated earlier, I am a sucker for free stuff. However, when it comes to paying for stuff, I'm not so enthusiastic. I had to pick up some things the next aisle over. Soon, though, I found myself once again standing in front of Mr. Baker.

He asked me one question.

"How long did it take you to decide?"

He didn't know I had decided to buy some of that yummy bread--he must have seen it on my face. I ended up bringing home half a loaf. It's available for this month only. I don't know if I'll buy more, but I did this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment