Thursday, February 8, 2018

Elon Musk's Tesla In Space...Frickin' Amazing!


I missed watching the Falcon Heavy launch live, nor did I watch the incredible footage of the boosters landing successfully next to each other. But I did log on to the live video feed showing a mannequin spaceman behind the wheel of a Tesla automobile as it orbits the earth.

Man!

How cool is that?


It was also mesmerizing, hypnotic, beautiful, not to mention an unbelievably effective advertising campaign for the car. Each time I looked at the computer (when they showed the car, of course...) I saw artwork, a scene worthy of a poster hanging in a space enthusiast's bedroom.


Seeing a car in space is cool, but when the earth came into view, it made things that much better. I even saw the reflection of the earth appear then move across the door of the car--absolutely stunning!

I know there's more to this project than just putting a car into space. It's groundbreaking and important to space exploration in the future. But as I looked at my computer screen and realized that flying high above the earth there's a spaceman sitting in a car traveling at around 17,000 m.p.h. and we get to watch it in real time.


That's frickin' amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment