Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Fry Me To The Moon...An Awesome Food Truck!


I had to leave work early due to previously arranged engagements. And because of this, I was able to stop and pick up lunch at the Fry Me to the Moon food truck.

To quote Joey from Friends, "Fried stuff with cheese!"

I know there's a ton of food trucks out there. The problem is, I never seem to be in the same place as them. I work in an industrial part of town. I doubt, if I ran a food truck, I'd park at my work--just not enough earning potential. And we live in a smaller somewhat sleepy suburb where food trucks don't frequent. But on Wednesdays, at the old county courthouse, food trucks gather and the intoxicating smell of their goods wafts in the air.

Today, a lone truck parked outside so we didn't have a choice. It was okay by me. 


Several months ago, I spoke with a neighbor who was a co-owner in a food truck. I asked him why we didn't see more of them around our little town. I thought he might say something about having not enough people, but he surprised me by saying the hoops the mobile restaurant must jump through are unbelievable. They must adhere to different city/county/state codes just to be able to set up shop and sell food. Some cities require a public restroom must be within so many feet of the truck and they must have permission of the restroom owner so the truck patrons can use their restroom.


And that's just one restriction from one city. After talking to my friend, I found it astonishing that the trucks even exist at all.

If you like fried food, Fry me to the Moon will hit the spot. Plus--they offer free doughnuts. I know I can't eat at a place like that every day, but every once in a while, when I leave work early to run errands, it's great. If you happen to be where this truck has set up shop, and you've got a hankering for some good fried food, give them a try. You'll be helping out an industry that has a lot of hoops through which to jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment