Saturday, July 27, 2019

Experiencing Ogden's Farmer's Market...Simply Wonderful


We arrived to the theater a few minutes early today and I heard a farmer's market was set up just a half a block away. And I thought, "I ought to check it out."

And I did.

And it was incredible.

I live in a wonderful little town. Over the years we've kind of turned into homebodies. We go out when we need to, but we find ourselves venturing out less and less as time goes on. And because of that, we miss out on several things, like driving a half hour north to experience a farmer's market. It's in Ogden and it runs in the summer and fall. You can get more information from their website by clicking: HERE.


The city closes down several blocks on arguably their most famous street, 25th Street, right downtown. I saw things you'd expect to see in a farmer's market--fresh locally-grown fruit and vegetables. There were other things, pastries, coffee, honey, and the people--and dogs--were as interesting as what was being sold...but in a good way. Also, you couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day--overcast with the summer heat not yet arriving.

Unfortunately, I was only able to see a small portion of the market. I had to return to the theater to get ready for the matinee. Next time, if we arrive a few minutes early either next week or the week after that, I may have more time to explore, experience, and take in the sights of a classic farmer's market. If you're in the area and haven't been, you ought to give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment