Monday, July 8, 2019

We Are Not Amused...


After work this evening, I thought I'd break out the drone. I saw one of our cats sitting lazily close by. I thought the drone might be a way to generate interest for our oldest animal, the stately cat, Teewinot. I mean, a big black thing that hovers in the air, swishing and swaying in a light breeze. What else could a cat want?

Apparently, not the drone.


Inside the house, behind closed doors is our other cat--technically, a kitten. Now I know he'd like the drone. He would be instantly fascinated by it and if it bobbed up and down in front of him, he would do all he could to try and reach it, to bat it out of the air.

Ah...the tale of two kitties.

Sorry (not so sorry...).

Of course it could be my amateur flying skills that proved to be my downfall. It was a little breezy when I took out the drone and I have trouble keeping the thing steady on a windless day, let alone one with a slight breeze. When I reviewed the footage after, I knew the cat saw the drone, even looked at it once. He knew it was there and flat-out, didn't care.


While watching his expression, a television phrase from my childhood came to mind, a segue from the old Monty Python comedies when Queen Victoria would appear and proclaim, "We are not amused." I guess on a cloudy, semi-humid, early July evening in Utah, one particular cat did not care in the slightest that a drone was trying to elicit a response, any response from the stoic feline.

That's the way of it, I suppose.


No comments:

Post a Comment