Thursday, July 4, 2019

The Sound Of Freedom...


This morning, after breakfast, I opened the back door and waited for the yearly Independence Day tradition of hearing jets fly over our home as they fly from Hill Air Force Base to parade routes around the state. It's a sound I love to hear, the sound of jets screaming overhead. I loved that sound when I attended jr. high school/high school in Kaysville and again when I worked in Layton, just a few miles from the base.


But today, I heard another sound, and to me, it sounded like freedom.

It was the sound of an ice cream maker creating deliciousness. Check out the video--is that, or is that not a true sound of freedom?

I'm sure you'll agree, it is.

Oh, and the ice cream tasted divine.


Now, I know it's not a real sound of freedom, but if you think about it, the appliance and its purpose does represent a sort of freedom. My father passed away in the mid-1970s. He would have been constantly amazed at the life we live today. Having access to all the world's information our phones with us at all times is only one example. And we can make ice cream in a matter of minutes.

If that's not a type of freedom, then I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment