Saturday, July 20, 2019

My First Disney Clothing...Ever


Of course, it may not be my first item of Disney clothing ever...it's not if you count watches.

When it comes to strengthening the economy by purchasing things, I'm not a good example. And when it comes to purchasing clothes to strengthen the economy, I'm a terrible example. I simply don't buy clothes. Since I began working at home, I've bought even fewer items of clothing than I did before, and that was almost nil. This past week I put on a t-shirt I got free from work. It's to celebrate our work's health plan for the upcoming year. That year was 2000. The shirt's twenty years old--older than half of my kids.

So, when they announced today's tech rehearsal for the upcoming production of Peter Pan that it was Disney Day (meaning we wear Disney gear...), I shrugged. I didn't have to wonder which shirt I'd wear, because I have none. And not only do I not own anything Disney, when it comes to clothes, I thought back. I don't believe I've ever owned an article of clothing depicting a Disney character, theme park, movie, song, or play. 

Nothing.

It's not that I don't want to participate--it's one of those things, you either have Disney-themed clothing or your don't. And I didn't.

Until yesterday. That's when I stopped by a Goodwill story (not my usual thrift store...) and found a couple of used shirts associated with Disney. I chose the best one--Longboard Chewie. A classic.

The past couple of shows I've done, they've had Disney Days. Now, I'll no longer shrug with indifference. I'll wear proudly my Longboard Chewie. It's such a great shirt, I may never have to buy another Disney article of clothing again. After all, I've demonstrated I can keep and wear a good t-shirt for a couple of decades, and if I keep doing shows for a couple of decades more, I'm all set.

Come see Peter Pan! You can access info on the show: HERE. I won't be wearing Longboard Chewie (even though that would be fantastic...), but come see it anyway. After all, the show's not called, Disney Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment