Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Starting A New Tradition...Christmas Karaoke


 People have gone without this year, some more than others. One thing we've done with out is singing. We normally participate in our church Christmas program...this year, nope. 

My wife and I are singers, or at least we used to be--she more than me. She even used her voice to earn college scholarships. That was decades ago. It's been so long since either of us used to sing on a daily basis for school, church, or just for fun. It was her idea to sing some Christmas songs in the front room the other night.

The results were mixed...our voices are not used to singing...you could hear the neglect, years out of practice. But you could also hear a sound missing for so long--music. I forget how much I enjoy hearing sung songs and you can't beat Christmas time for good songs to sing.

We sang the one night and we may again before the season's over. I know we need more practice--it doesn't sound much like it once did, but darn...it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment