Sunday, December 27, 2020

Give Thanks...Christmas


 In November many posted articles and sayings, photographs, thoughts, and memories with the hashtag, #GiveThanks, me included. I enjoyed the experience of not only realizing amazing things in my life, but sharing them with others, that I decided to keep the tradition going. Sundays were the day I chose to use the phrase, #GiveThanks.

I didn't know how long I would keep the tradition going. I wrote for two or three weeks on Sundays, then I forgot a week ago. I wrote about how much I enjoyed watching different variations of Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol. I forgot to give thanks, though I am thankful for that timeless story.

This week, how can I not give thanks for Christmas?

I don't know what I did to warrant the blessings I've been given. This past week I was surrounded by family, good health, all the food we could eat, shelter, and anything else a person could want. We tried to make the day special for our kids and we were fortunate enough to have all our children home on Christmas Eve. The above present was given to us by my newly-found half sister. Finding her is one of the best presents anyone could ever ask for.

I'm sure this was a difficult holiday for millions, and I hope things improve for them. I hope also that people can find a promise of better days ahead. 

Some thoughts that ran through my mind Thursday night--I remembered as a child how difficult it was to sleep Christmas Eve night. Oh, what promise the new day held! Eventually I would fall asleep, sometimes awakening before anyone else and I 'd have to wait for the family to wake up. I re-lived those emotions through my own children. Now, they're teenagers and older, no longer do they share that innocence of the holiday. Hopefully, we'll be able to experience that again if/when the grandkids show up.

The title of the song says it all, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. For me, that's been so true. This year, I'm giving thanks for Christmas. I pray you've had a good day as well, a good Christmas Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment