Wednesday, December 9, 2020

That Time I Helped Out On "Studio C"...A Blast


 I can't remember where I saw the notice--If you want to be considered as an extra on BYU TV's Studio C, send in a bio and a picture to such-and-such.

I did.

They asked me to participate.

And it was a blast.

Back in the 1990s, I did some extra work, not much, but enough for people to come up to me after the show aired to ask, "Weren't you on such-and-such show last night?" And I would answer, "yeah, that was me." I didn't pursue it seriously, just something fun to do. I'd like to do it more, but being a single-income family (and me with the income...), it wasn't something I could devote time and energy to.

So, when I saw the casting call, I thought I'd give it a shot. It was filmed in March of this year, about a week after it all hit the fan. The episode recently aired and the skit I was in is up on YouTube. You can watch the whole thing: HERE.

The skit was hilarious, and I'm not just saying that. Well, I found it very funny. If you've ever done extra work on a set, you know there's a lot of sitting around. I did my share. They had about twenty of us and we'd be called in for the different segments where various items were being evaluated. I was in two, the doll, and the final scene. That final scene--you can't tell, but that girl almost struck me several times with those vases on her hands (understandable, since she couldn't see anything...). Me ducking was not acting, but acts of survival.

I've said it before, but the crews on those sets work so hard. There's so much work that goes into a five-minute segment. I had total respect for people in that business. If you've got a minute or two and would like a laugh, click the link. After all, everyone can use a laugh now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment