Friday, July 2, 2021

A Day At The Beach...


 During the hottest heat wave in the entire western states this year (so far...), we found ourselves in California...on a beach...in 65˚ weather.

While the rest of the state and the west was boiling...we were almost cold.

It was wonderful.

For almost all of my fifty-five years, I've lived hundreds of miles from the ocean. I did live for two years in Denmark...an island country, but I wasn't really allowed to go to the beach. That was forbidden. As a kid, though, I think I would have loved living at the beach, learning to surf, living that California lifestyle. But I didn't. I grew up in Utah and spent the winters skiing and spent the summers at Lagoon's million-gallon pool. I did get a wicked tan every year. If there's one thing I can do, it's tan.

My kids have grown up in Utah, too, but their winters were not spent on the slopes and their summers were not spent at a pool. Different times... It was fun, however, watching my kids at the beach while we were on vacation. Like me, they've only spent a few days on a beach.

I wonder if my kids will end up living close to a beach. I think some would really like it...others, not so much. I do think, that if they do end up near the ocean, they'll enjoy going and watching the waves and skipping stones.

I mean...don't we all?







No comments:

Post a Comment