Friday, July 23, 2021

The Week Of Digital Meetings...


 This past week I spent several hours in front of my computer. This isn't all that unusual. Other than sleeping, I spend more time in front of computer screens than any other single activity. Only this week, it was a little different in this one way...I spent many hours engaged in digital meetings.

Tuesday, I met with a co-worker asking questions about how to better do a job. It lasted about thirty minutes. Later that day, I had a one-on-one meeting with my boss. We have those every month and they last about an hour. I enjoy those meetings...most things about working in an office I do not miss, but hanging out with good people while doing my job, that made the job much more fun. Having one-on-one meeting sort of reminds me of the good times.

After work, I logged into a production meeting for the upcoming FanX. It was like a work meeting, but also not. We chatted for several hours discussing how to make next September meeting as good as possible. It was time well spent.

The following day, I had yet another work digital meeting--our regular weekly staff meeting and that added even more time on top of the other digital meetings I already attended.

The entire world changed last year. Being able to work at home and have digital meetings allowed us to make life-altering changes for our family, changes I never thought I'd make. I don't recall, in the past year and a half, having so many meetings as I had in those two days. Personally, I do like it, but it can be taxing. But, if this is our future, I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment