Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Those Swedes...And Their Sense Of Humor


 It was an afterthought, really. I almost missed it. Tucked away in an unoccupied section of a large put-it-together-yourself furniture store was a section of non-furniture items. 

I found myself in the food section.

And there was no one else there.

What's strange is, the main reason I was at the put-it-together-yourself furniture store in the first place was for the food. 

People go to the huge Ikea super centers for many reasons. I went for lunch. Decades ago I lived in a country just south and west of Sweden, but much of their food is the same and it's good food...good enough for me to travel quite out of my way for it. After lunch, my friend and I wanted to buy some of their famous Swedish meatballs so we went downstairs and searched them out. Because it was on a weekday, it was not very crowded. There was actually no one in that section and we rooted around looking for the frozen deliciousness. 

That's where I spotted the chocolate moose.

If you'd like to watch a video demonstration from the company's website, click: HERE. Personally, I thought the confection hilarious. Who says Swedes don't have a sense of humor? Not me...I personally know several Swedes and I found them not un-funny. But seriously, they are amazingly warm and caring (and beautiful...) people. They make a delicious meatball and a funny moose.

So, if you're in an Ikea store and you'd like something that will make your day a little bit more fun, just look around the food section at the checkout...it'll be worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment