Friday, July 16, 2021

So...I Want To Build A Little Free Library


 You've seen them...or maybe you haven't. They're called Little Free Libaries and they dot the map of many communities. There are a few where we used to live, and after a quick internet search, there are no little free libraries in the new town in which we now live, at least, not one registered in the LittleFreeLibrary.Org website.

I'd like to change that.

I think deciding you want to build and install one of these things is the "easy part." Because there's a lot of new construction around us, I've gathered some building materials and stowed it in our garage waiting for me to take action. What's holding me up is...

What kind of little free library should I make?

There's as many different kinds as there are people, which makes sense It is an expression of the person making it. The supplies I've gathered will be adequate for a simple version. I'm thinking that's what I'll most likely end up doing. After all, I can always make another one in the future. Then again, it might be so much work, I may never want to do it again...time will tell.

Some of the ideas are genius. I've picked just a few and included them here. If I had the time and talent and means, I would LOVE to build a Tardis little free library if for one reason...it would be bigger on the inside. To me, books make the world--and universe--bigger.

I'm in the early early stages. Hopefully, I can update everyone on this blog as thing progresses. For now, the decision's been made. On with the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment