Monday, July 19, 2021

Do You Know The Color Of...Your Fiancee's Eyes?


 I posted a picture a while back of me...I try not to post a lot of pictures of myself, but I caught my reflection in the mirror and noticed the color of the shirt I was wearing almost perfectly matched the color of my eyes. I may have heard somewhere that different colors can influence a person when the look at another's eye color. Some colors make your eyes "pop." I think that's what happened with the shirt.

But, it got me thinking...thinking of a memory...an almost twenty-nine-year old memory...a memory of a bridal shower.

I've not attended many bridal showers. I believe this was the only one. My fiancee and I were engaged and the wedding was set for September. That summer we did the normal "pre-wedding" things like get registered, book a photographer, send out invitations (by mail, if you can believe it...), and there were even a couple of bridal showers set up for my wife. One of which, I was invited to attend.

So, I did.

What I remember about the party was good. We had fun. There was one section, though, that made me a little nervous when I heard about it...the dreaded "How well do you know your fiancee?"  questions game. I can't remember how many questions they asked, but I do remember one...they asked me--without looking at her--what color were my fiancee's eyes. I knew the answer, and I was glad that I knew it.

I said, "Blue."

Blue was, of course, the correct answer, but the reason I remember this particular question and have forgotten all the others since then is how my fiancee answered the question.

She began by saying I had blue eyes (which was also correct...), but then she expounded. She said they were blue with a little gray and she kept going. As I sat and listened I realized that my simple "blue" answer was, well...not all that informative. It was, in fact, pretty "meh." That's when I thought to myself, "Uh oh. I'd better pay more attention to things." It was another realization for me that women and men are indeed different.

I don't know if I've paid attention to more things in the almost three decades since that little get-together. Maybe in some ways I have, but not in all things. I do know, however, that my wife's eyes are still blue...

And still beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment