Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Taking A Danish Summer Tour--Sounds Fun...Even On Instagram


 As a fan of all things Danish, I subscribe to several Danish Instagram sites. I'd say the majority of them focus mainly on the country's capitol, Copenhagen (pronounced "koh-puhn-HEY-guhn" not "koh-puhn HA-guhn"...). Truth be told, I love those pictures and videos form a city where I spent a year of my life. I could looks at pictures of Copenhagen all day. 

One picture I saw while browsing Instagram this afternoon caught my attention. It was from the site: denmarkdotdk. It showed two bikes (I was used to seeing two bikes when I was in the country...) and what looked like a cross between Stonehenge and Easter Island. The picture had a question attached: "Can you guess today's location?"

I did not know where the picture was taken. When I lived there, I spent time in four cities. I saw a lot, but there's so much more to see, even for a country about one-fifth the size of my home state of Utah (not including Greenland, of course...). 

What interested me also was the purpose of the photo--the site is conducting a summer tour of the country and since I'm not able to visit the country in person this summer, following along via their Instagram account sounds fun. If you'd like to take the tour, too, go to their Instagram site by clicking: HERE

I know so much has change since I walked and drove and biked the streets and paths of that amazing country almost forty years ago (can't believe it's been that long...). Maybe, just maybe there's one thing I might recognize, unlike the picture they posted today.

Oh, the location...

It's Lolland.

No comments:

Post a Comment