Thursday, July 15, 2021

Things You See Out Your Window...Cars And A Big Truck



 Since I work at home, I'm fortunate enough to have a window in my office. Yes, it was originally designed as a bedroom window when the house was built, but for me, it's an office window. Through my window I see the Rocky Mountains and the valley that separates me from them. I also see a stubbed road, a road that will eventually lead to new homes and new neighborhoods.

But this afternoon, the view outside looking east I saw something I don't see everyday...a big truck and a lot of cars.

I found out last week my neighbor was selling his corvette. It's a beautiful car in pristine condition. He put an ad on the internet and someone from the east coast decided that vette was the car for him. Today, a truck came and loaded it up. As I worked, I watched the process of loading (and unloading...) take place. To be honest, it was kind of interesting.

Because of the way the truck was parked, we couldn't tell just how long it was, but we know that they took off two cars on top, loaded the corvette, the put the two cars back. Below the cars filled the trailer. That's a lot of cars. I think I saw a Porsche loaded in front of where the vette ultimately ended up.

It took a while, but after they tucked the corvette safely away, they loaded the Lotus, then the classic (and incredible...) BMW 2002. The truck then backed up and drove away.

I have no idea if all these cars are going to the same buyer back east. It's possible, but it's also possible they are a service to deliver cars to different people. I could look out of that window every day for the rest of my life. There's a very good chance, I'll never see what I saw today again.

No comments:

Post a Comment