Thursday, July 1, 2021

Don't Look Now, But...They're Following Us


 I don't want to alarm anyone, but...I'm pretty sure we're being followed. The "sneakies" are not the same people, but their mission appears to be the same. Who are these individuals lurking about who seem to be in places that we also find ourselves in?

I'll tell you...

They're Drivers Education Instructors.

Okay, okay. I don't really believe we're actually being followed, but something that happened all the time at our old house is also happening at our new house. The streets on which we lived--both before and now--are favorites of these instructors. I can understand the street where we used to live. You go from downtown Farmington, drive straight up State Street and turn on a dead-end street. It's a great place to practice a three-point turn or practice signaling when you start from a parked position. It worked great.

It even worked great when I took my driving test as a newly-turned sixteen-year old future driver. I took my test in winter. The tester had me drive up State Street and turn on my street. He asked me to perform a three-point turn and I obeyed, but when I approached the curb, I stopped because the street hadn't been fully plowed of snow. The tester said I should pull up more. I told him I would, but I didn't want to get the car stuck.

I drove forward and the car got stuck. The tester had to get out and push the car to get unstuck. Surprise...I passed my driving test.

As I worked today and caught more than a few glances out at the incredibly beautiful sky, I noticed a driving instructor car turning around on my street. Like I said, I don't think anyone is seriously following us. I do find it interesting that they take their students on a street on which we live, again. Maybe we just live on quiet streets...and those streets are a perfect place for practice. Who knows...?

No comments:

Post a Comment