Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Yeah...Yeah...Pretty Much How I Feel


 I have a sister who lives in Phoenix...I really can't imagine what it's like living there in the summers. Today she and I had a little chat via text messages and I asked her how she was doing. She said she was ready for things to cool down. She's lived in Arizona all her life so this is nothing new--it's part of the deal of having wonderful winters.

Of course, change is always an option.

I've made my opinion clear on this blog before about how I feel about excessive heat. In short, I'm not a fan. I must admit...this spring I spent more time outside than I have in several years. We had work to do. But, as the season changed from spring to summer, the temperatures went up and up. There's more work we'd like to do, but we end up going out after 8pm because of the heat. It's soul-sucking.

My sister and I chatted about people's attitudes concerning the heat. She said there are a lot of people who tell her that they LOVE the heat. It's a good thing they live in Phoenix then. I hear that where I live, too, even though it's not as hot and we get snow in the winter. Both my sister and I have a similar reaction when people tell us how much they love the heat...I mean, we're glad for them, but just because they like it hot, doesn't mean we all do.

My sister has never lived in a place with snow. It would be cool (pun intended...) if she were to relocate in the great northern areas. In my opinion, there are few things more beautiful than a newly fallen blanket of snow as you sit inside by a fire sipping a cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter's night. Maybe all those sun worshipers can move south and some of those who do not like the temperatures of hell as much as they do can take their place up here...it'll probably never happen, but one can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment