Monday, August 16, 2021

An Apt Morning Photo...


 It seems everyone on social media has posted a similar picture, at least were I live. We've been hit with the residue of numerous fires to the west...the smoke is chocking. It makes for some other-worldly visions, something that might be seen on the surface of Mars.

I thought it an apt photo for not only the day, but for the time.

The world woke up to the horrors that mankind can inflict on each other. Looking east and barely seeing our sun rise above the Wasatch Mountains is the way I met my day.

My friend and I were chatting via texts at work today. We discussed our weekends recently passed. We both mentioned the smokey air outside. I told him that the sky would clear one day--hopefully one day soon. I wonder if people will take pictures of a clear sky and a bright sun once that happens. Maybe...but then, we'll probably take it for granted, as we often do.

The news of the day is always bad--you just have to look hard enough and you'll find it. Some days are worse than others. The opposite is true as well. There's good news out there every day...you just have to look a little harder to find it. I hope the air clears soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment