Saturday, August 7, 2021

It (Was) All Greek To Me...


 What caused the most confusion is I could not figure out had I did this.

Last week, I picked up my Mac and began an internet search. What I saw made no sense. I know I create typos from time to time, but this was way beyond typos...it was a whole new language.

Turns out is was Greek.

I've learned that when I am confused by something while on the computer, it's almost second-nature to pull up a new search engine page and see what the earth's collective knowledge knows about my problem. Almost always, I can find the answer I'm looking for. Of course, this time, even though I knew what I had typed, I would not have understood any of the search results.

I wasn't too worried...I knew this was a simple fix, and it turned out to be exactly that. All I had to do was go into System Preferences, then click on "Language" and remove the unwanted language. 

Solving it was easy. Trying to figure out how Greek became the computer's primary language was the intriguing part. I still have no idea how I did it. Unless there's some shortcut I did by mistake, adding another language is a semi-complex operation. I may never know how it happened.

The good news is I re-programmed my Mac to operate in a language I can understand and manipulate. At least if it happens again, I'll try and remember what I just did to cause it to happen in the first place.



No comments:

Post a Comment