Monday, August 9, 2021

Bryce Davidson...Support Your Local Mayor


 I lifted this picture from a friend's Facebook post. We no longer live in the town in which our friend and former neighbor is running for mayor so we don't see the yard signs or the fliers or the messages posted around town.

I've got to say, my friend has guts.

It's a job I would not want...at all.

It was on one of our return trips to our old neighborhood and everyone seemed to be outside doing things. It was so much fun catching up and seeing how everyone was doing, even though we'd only been gone about six months at that point. It was then we learned of our neighbor's plans. Ambitious, challenging, and maybe a little nuts.

I haven't had a lot of experience with local government, and the little we did have centered around developing our family land. It took years and so many city counsel meetings to see it finally come to pass...so many. It turned me off to ever wanting to run for local office or get involved in that way. The process was, at times, nauseating. It makes my friend and his family's decision that much more impressive.

Bryce is a good man. This alone shouldn't be his only qualification, but anyone who enters public service should begin there. He's not been on city counsels or other local counsels before. For many, this is a huge plus. For others--a huge negative. But, as I see it, if you drink from the same pool, you'll get the same product. If you like the product, then why would you change? If you don't, well...it's time for a change. If you'd like to know more about Bryce, you can access his information by clicking: HERE.

We no longer live in the city limits, but so many of our friends do. It matters to them, so it inadvertently matters to us. I hope--win or lose--it doesn't change him or his family. Knowing him, I don't think it will, which is the mark of a quality candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment