Thursday, August 19, 2021

Wrist Art...

 

It started with a simple nylon band. I actually found it in a grocery store parking lot. I went home, washed it with soap and wore it around. I wore it until it stretched--so much so--I can no longer wear it because it just falls off.

But something interesting happened when I put it on.

I liked it.

Now, I'm not one for jewelry, far from it. I wear my wedding band and that's about it.

After we moved, I came across another thing to place on my left wrist...a memento from my father, something he picked up in WWII. It has an US eagle with the word ENGLAND and E.T.O on one side, and U.S.A. and 1945 on the other side. On the underside is written "With Love" in cursive. My guess is it's something a G.I. would have picked up for a girlfriend/wife (or both...). A little research told me the E.T.O. stands for "European Theater of Operations." My dad'd not around for me to ask him if he picked it up as part of a B-17 crew while in England, or maybe he got it later.

The last item to my collection I bought--the only one I bought. It's a band with small what appear to be lava rocks and mini-carved skulls. I like it because it shouldn't stretch out so unless the thin wire connecting them all together breaks, I'll be okay.

It's been more than a year since I started displaying my wrist art. So far, I've continued and I'll probably keep going with it. Like I said, I'm not much for jewelry, but I guess a little is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment