Sunday, August 22, 2021

Give Thanks...What A Three-Car Garage Taught Me


 One of the first things that blew us away when we checked out our new house was the size of the garage. It was--and is--huge! Of course, we came form a one-car garage home and we lived in that one-car garage for seventeen years. To us, tripling the space for cars was amazing

After moving in we used the garage as storage space until we could unpack everything. Eventually, we cleared the space for the van, then my daughter's car. And it stayed that way until this month when we finally added a third car into our three-car garage.

That's when I realized something.

It's easy to judge others.

An explanation. For years, I'd see people with double and triple car garages and somethings their garage doors would be up and I would see, not cars, trucks, or motorcycles, but stuff...lots and lots of stuff--so much stuff that they parked their cars in the driveway because there was no room for them in the garage.

Having never had a large garage, I could not understand why people would allow their garages to fill up with so much stuff, they didn't have room for the cars. I'm not judging them anymore. Because, for the first time, I understood that it's so easy to fill up that space with things, other than cars. It's so easy to just put something down and forget about it because it's out of the way, forgotten almost. I'm grateful I was able to see the perspective from the other side.

I hope I never judge anyone again the way I once did. It's easy when you don't have something to judge those who do. Maybe that's a good way to look at other things, too...

Not just three-car garages.

No comments:

Post a Comment