Sunday, August 29, 2021

Give Thanks...Taylor Hoover


 I have no words that give justice to what others do--what others give--for strangers. Today, the body of a US Marine returned to American soil. He was one of many Americans and scores of Afghanis who died from a bombing attack halfway around the world.

His name is Taylor Hoover.

Tonight, I'm grateful to him and so many others risking--and giving--their lives so I can sit in my living room on a beautiful summer evening and, inadequately, honor his memory.

I ever meet Taylor--I know nothing about him, but he was from Utah...breathed the same air I did. A local news station reported about him in a link you can access by clicking: HERE. He played football at Hillcrest High. I understand he was to be married after his tour of duty in Afghanistan ended, plus so much more.

My father and six of his brothers served in WWII and the armed services. All my life, the life I could comprehend, I've been safe, safe from the hell others are living now. I've lived that life not understanding even though I come from a military family. It never hit home.  

It's been a terrible week for so many. I pray the nightmare ends soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment