Tuesday, August 10, 2021

My Learning...There Is No Learning


 I don't know how things used to be done, but I do know how this particular part of employment training is done now.

It's all online.

And we do it year after year after year.

For purely practical reasons, the online training is amazing--I'm sure management loves it. You send out links to every employee and the software tracks each employee to make sure they've completed the training and logs how well they've done if there's a test. It really couldn't be easier. I imagine my employer can show to interested parties that ALL of their employees have completed training on important subjects like emergency situations, harassment at work, and so forth. In addition, all new training and policy updates can be distributed to everyone.

As I see it...there's only one problem.

Repetition.

I've been completing these online trainings for years, so much so, that even though we're only required to do the trainings on an annual basis, it feels like I'm doing the same trainings every couple of months. And the trainings get easier and easier the more times I take them. Doesn't that miss the point?

The trainings show up every couple of months...a few at a time. I try to get them done as soon as I can--I hate having them hang over my head. When I'm done, I get the message that's in the above photo.

My Learning

There is no Learning.

There's probably a message in there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment