Wednesday, August 25, 2021

I Mean, What Did We Ever Do Before Dog Memes...?


 My friend and I play a little game via text messaging. We see if we can one-up each other with different memes. Yesterday, the theme I chose was dog memes.

Crazy adorable.

I know there are memes for every animal--even fictitious ones--out there. As with anything, some are great and some are not-so-great. Such is life. But, and I use these pictures as great examples, these dog memes work so well. 

In my humble opinion dogs work extremely well for memes because they're so expressive. I also think they're so expressive because they're natural empaths. When they chew up a throw pillow and there's fluff filling a room, they look embarrassed and ashamed because they feel what the owner is feeling. They know when they're in trouble because we relay that to them. The opposite is also true--when we're happy and excited, the dogs can't help but join in.

It makes for an almost perfect model for our funny, inane, stupid, brilliant, and obnoxious sayings.

I'm sure we'll pay more texting games. I have no idea what the next topic will be. Could be dogs...could be turtles, or an old favorite, The Simpsons. That what makes it fun, and dog memes makes it nearly perfect. How did we ever get by without them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment