Friday, August 13, 2021

What Do Your Neighborhood Kids Do To Earn A Buck...?


 They tried for days to get us to stop...once even coming across the street with cardboard sign in hand as I turned into my driveway. They returned to their corner to try and flag down other drivers. But, when we pulled out our old Vibe, it needed a car wash and the young entrepreneurs were back with soap, water, and enthusiasm.

We took them up on their offer.

I think whatever we paid the pair was worth it for the entertainment value alone.

They were Hilarious!

If you notice in the above picture, there's a chalk drawing on the street. That's where they directed me as I pulled up to their organization. That's when they went to work. These two little car washers threw water and soap at the dirt and the thin veneer of dead bugs almost completely covering the front of the car.

I got out of the car and told them how happy I was to patronize their budding business. They told me not to worry--that they do a good job, and as proof they turned my attention to the Ford pick-up parked directly in front of my car that they had just finished.

"We do a good job," one said. "We cleaned that truck--we couldn't reach the top of the hood, but the rest of it is clean."

And it was (except for the top of the truck's hood...). I went home and came out a little later to see how they were doing. That's when I took a short video. So funny. I came out a little later and the two were walking to my house, literally soaked, water and soap squishing with each step. We all walked across the street and I once again congratulated them for their hard work. Of course, the soap still on my hood will one day wash off (at the next rainstorm...) and that's okay. I handed them their hard-earned money--even including a tip--thanked them again and laughed as I drove the washed car home.

What a wonderful experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment