Saturday, August 28, 2021

Welcome Back...My Good Friend


 It's back...

Whether I'm ready for it or not.

Can't stop it, even though a worldwide pandemic tried.

The 2021/2022 College Football Season has begun.

Oh...now the ecstasy/agony begins.

I go through the same thing year after year. I wait and wait--in many ways August is the LONGEST month of the year for me...as a kid it was December, but as an adult, it's August. 

One thing I try to not do every year and I end up doing every year is believe the hype. It generates clicks and I suppose sells newspapers (or used to...). Fans love to read about/hear about/talk about pre-season college football and I guess I'm one of them. It was worse for me, though. I used to listen to sports radio hours upon hours on end. I've stopped doing that. I found that most of the time, they talk on and on and on and on about stuff that they either get completely wrong or they're just trying to stir a hornet's nest.

Right now, Southern Utah is getting run off the field by San Jose State but I don't care. It's college football and it's here. Next week, more local Utah teams play. Let's hope they do better than the southern-most team in the state in their openers.

It's back...

Whether I'm ready for it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment