Thursday, August 5, 2021

Look...A Horse!


 Last week I saw something out my window that, well...I had never seen before in a neighborhood in which I lived.

A horse and buggy leisurely passed by.

I saw a vehicle used for millennia as it first went up the hill. At first, I wasn't sure what it was--I had the blinds drawn. I sprang to my feet, threw up the blinds and snapped a quick picture as it almost escaped my view...the shot was not good enough for my "Pic Of The Day" have you, but interesting.

In our neighborhood anything that travels up the hill must come down, so I went back to work and waited--waited for the horse and buggy to travel down the hill. My patience paid off. This time I took a short video as it passed.

I'll bet seeing something like that was more common for my father as he grew up during the Great Depression in Montana and Idaho. He was born in 1924 and I don't know how many cars had made their way to that part of the world in that time, but I'm sure seeing someone behind the reigns of a one-horsepower vehicle was no big deal...certainly not worthy of a picture, or better yet, a blog post.

I've never seen a horse and buggy pass my house in the 55+ years I've been on this planet, and I may never see it again, but when I did see it last week, it was great.



No comments:

Post a Comment