Thursday, August 25, 2022

Best Story From The Box Elder County Fair Parade...Part 1


 Yesterday, my family went to a parade. I'm not the biggest fan of parades. Usually parades are held during the hottest part of the year. I prefer not to be in hot weather. Parades are usually too long and, well...in a word, boring. 

Full disclosure--we went to the parade yesterday because my daughter was in the parade. The gym where she works had a float and we wanted to support her. We're glad we went. I took several photos of the parade, of the horses, the tractors, the high school floats, the grand marshals and basically all of it.

There were, however, two floats that my family and I felt were the best. This is about the first one.

We hired Mike Norr Plumbing to put in our water softener. They were great, professional, timely, and their work came at a fair price. We noticed a classic van headed down the parade route and I spotted the company logo right away. But, it was what the employees of Mike Norr Plumbing were doing that really sealed the deal. Instead of candy, the employees were throwing out...

Toilet paper.

Classic!

In fact, we loved it. 

I didn't get a chance to make eye contact with one of the throwers (as everyone parade goer knows, that's how you get stuff thrown to you...) so we missed out on taking home a much more practical and useful treasure from the parade. Sure, there were tons of candy thrown along with frisbees, beer can coolers, t-shirts, even fly swatters, but the TP was the best.

Tomorrow, I'll include our second choice for best story from the parade. The first one was pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment