Thursday, August 11, 2022

Man...I've Missed These Sunrises


 We're still getting monsoon moisture in our area which means, in addition to the much-needed rain, we have clouds in the sky...clouds at night, in the morning, and during much of the day. I worked with a guy years ago who was a photographer. He said something to me once while showing me some of his work, something I've never forgotten.

"I take pictures of clouds. Clouds make a sky interesting."

It's true. I love a clear blue sky, don't get me wrong. Yet, clouds really give personality and life to a sky. Because of the recent weather patterns, we've had morning clouds. Morning clouds usually result in exceptional sunrises. This morning another of those incredible sunrises, views from my office window that my phone camera cannot adequately capture. 

Since this is the second summer where I've worked from home at this new location, I'm getting used to the seasons and when the sun rises now as opposed to the fall, winter, and spring. Right now, the sun hits my eyes around 6:45am. On the longest days of the year, the sun can rise before I get to my computer.

Last summer, I experienced the sunrises for the first time. Each morning was something new. Several times, I actually left my chair and opened the front door to try and get a picture worthy of what my eyes saw. The sunrises were so amazing. I'm looking forward to more of this as the days get shorter and the sunrises come later in the morning. It makes getting up for work a little better.

I've missed these sunrises...I'm glad they're coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment