Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Looks Like...We Hit The Precipitation Jackpot!


 It is monsoon season in the desert. Tropical moisture has found its way to the Beehive State and we're loving it. We love it because we need it...so desperately need the rain. The other night, I had a tough time falling asleep because of the storm that was pounding our house.

I did fall asleep and when I woke up, my wife informed me what we both assumed...we got walloped. She heard we received a couple of inches of rain the night before. In talking to my neighbor, he asked if our basement was flooded. It did not, thankfully. But, he said others did. He heard some areas in our community got up to four inches of precipitation from the storm.

We do need, the rain, but four inches from one storm is a lot, especially for Northern Utah.

The next day, I came across a photo that listed the rain totals from the storm at various locations across the upper half of the state. Turns out, we won! 1.98 was the high score. Yes, we got the most rain. This is unusual. Many times I see posts from friends in other part of the state posting pictures (basically bragging...) of the rain/snow they're receiving. I've noticed in the almost two years of living up here, we haven't gotten the rain/snow they seem to get.

My wife reminds me that we're living during an unusual time weather-wise. So, what we're seeing may not be normal. I sure hope the rain patterns return to the area. Without it, we're in some serious trouble.

But, for one night, we hit the jackpot. We're willing to have it happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment