Friday, August 26, 2022

Best Story From The Box Elder County Fair Parade...Part 2

 

Day 2 of what I considered the best thing we saw at this year's Box Elder County Fair Parade. 

I call it, "The Face Fish Fake-Out."

The float was from Miller Gas Company. Apparently, they've been hooking people up since 1928...quite a legacy. I wasn't sure what their "hook" was until after the float passed. It was then I spotted a little girl throwing a fish to the crowd. Then, the fisherman would quickly reel it in so no one could take it.

It was literally, the fish that got away from everyone.

I don't know if I've ever seen a parade where more candy was thrown. There was so much candy, even though kids lined the street, there was still candy on the road as float after float passed adding even more candy with each vehicle. We also saw each kid with shopping bags full of the colored sugar treats. Their haul rivaled a Halloween cache.

We sat near the front of the parade route. I didn't see anyone "catch" the fish. I'd imagine that in the mile or so they had to travel, it's likely someone got a hold of that fake fish. 

If they did, they'd surely have a tale to tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment