Monday, August 1, 2022

Would You Spend $75 On An App...? I Passed


I subscribe to a lot of iPhone apps. Some I use everyday. Some I haven't opened in years. One of the apps I use everyday (because I get a notice everyday...) is called AppAdvice Daily, or Apps Gone Free & Daily Tips. If you search in the App Store, you'll find it.

Basically, the app posts several apps that are free for the day. I've found some good apps over the years, and I've found some duds. I usually check them out, then go back to work or whatever it is I'm doing around 10:05am each morning.

Every once in a while they'll post an app that is unusual. This happened last week when they posted an app that cost $75. I know there's more expensive apps out there and if they can get people to pay, more power to them. But this app was a little different. It was an app that helps metal detector enthusiasts. 

Metal detector enthusiasts.

With the app you can track where you've searched using GPS technology. You can also log your discoveries and keep track of your progress. I can't really say if the app is worth $75 because I do not go treasure hunting with metal detectors or any other accessories. 

Is this thing worth $75? It might be. 

It was, however, not for me. I passed on the opportunity, even though I almost added it to my app collection because it was free and I wanted to see if it was worth it.

I checked on the other day--I believe it was still free. So, if you're a metal detector enthusiast, check it out. And if you do, let me know if you think it's worth $75. 

No comments:

Post a Comment