Monday, August 15, 2022

What Is It About Rainbows That We Just HAVE To Photograph Them...?


 We drove home last night from an event. A storm had just passed through the valley dropping much needed rain on homes, crops, hospitals, even roads. As the storm moved east, the sun set in the west. When you come between light and moisture in the air, that's when you get rainbows.

My wife spotted an incredible double rainbow first. I was driving so I couldn't get any pictures of the event. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't capture the moment on my phone, but I was happy to see the beautiful rainbow shining brightly over Cache Valley.

Fast forward about fifteen minutes and fifteen miles. We crossed over into Box Elder County, crossed both the Bear and Malad rivers, passed through Riverside and drove up the hill to I-15. We turned south and that's when we saw it--stopped traffic and emergency vehicles. 

Looks like the rain caused more than light manipulated through prisms.

The little orange cones were placed there by emergency workers who attended the injured. Right before we reached the wreck, one of two ambulances took off for the hospital only a few miles down the road. Because we were stopped, I was able to snap a picture.

It's not the best photo of a rainbow. Thousands (maybe, millions...) are posted every day that equal or better my own. I wonder if those in the crash saw it. If so, I hope it made their terrible situation just a little bit better.

Since we could not assist the workers or the victims, I could take a simple picture. There's something about rainbows...it seems we must take their picture. We have no choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment