Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Ever Wish You Were Taller...?


 I was cleaning out my office the other day (okay--looking for something in my office...) and I found an old selfie stick. I wondered what the view would look like if I were nine-feet tall. Of course, I had to find an attachment because this particular selfie stick was built assuming my phone had a headphone jack.

After more looking, I configured my camera, raised the phone, and snapped the picture. I found it interesting. If I were as tall as Goliath, this would be my view in our hallway.

It got me wondering...

Ever wish you were taller?

We live in a strange world. With the click of a button, we can see people from all over the world. We can see their homes, their jobs, their families, their hobbies, basically how others live. If you're not careful, a person can get pretty depressed wishing we lived other people's lives. Not only do we wish we were taller, but richer, better looking, have better hair (ouch...), or any other traits others have that we don't.

One thing I seem to always forget is we only see what others want us to see. If I went around all day and posted pictures if I were nine-feet tall, people may or may not think I was actually that tall. I wonder if one day when we're able to know all things, will we find out half the stuff we believed was never actually true?

Possibly. 

I guess the trick is to keep things in perspective and enjoy the blessing you have. I mean, being nine-feet tall must be a pain in so many ways. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment