Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Well...It Happened


Yesterday's blog post hit single digit views. 

Funny, because the post the day before that did really well. For the past year, I've been flirting with view numbers in the teens. Would I like to have view number in the dozens like I one time did?

Sure.

Is it worth worrying about?

Not really.

I've explained several times since I started this blog back in 2011 the reasons I write and more importantly, why I continue posting a blog on a daily basis. I write this mostly to keep writing. A bad habit a writer can have is to stop writing. By making sure I write everyday, that habit can be held at bay. Plus, I consider this blog to be sort of a journal and a wise man once gave wise council that we should keep and write in a daily journal. I do that on paper, too, but the electronic one allows me a level of creativity the paper one does not.

As long as writing daily is my goal, the fact that others may like reading it is a bonus. Now, I know these posts can be a bit dry...a nice way to say boring. I came to terms with the fact that some (many...) of the posts are boring. I try to make them as interesting as possible, but, well...that's the way it goes, sometimes.

I suppose that's why only getting a few views from yesterday's post caught my attention. I liked writing yesterday's post. It was fun writing about Chums eyewear retainers because I had a history with the man who invented them and how I'm not the kind of person who uses them as they were intended.

Still, I can't let it get to me. Since I had fun writing it and it's a journal entry, my main goals for putting in the time are already completed.

Sometimes I wonder, as I write a post (like this one...), just how many people will find it interesting enough to click on the link. Who knows? It might even be less than seven. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment