Friday, August 5, 2022

What Is It About A Summer Storm...?


 What is it about a summer storm that makes you not only want to see it, but need to experience it? Maybe it's because where we live in the west, rain storms are the exception, not the standard. I'm sure that has something to do with it. We received a storm earlier in the week, a wonderful glorious storm that gave us some much needed rain.

And we went outside, sat on the porch, and smelled in the wonderful aroma of rain.

There was an added bonus...lightning.

I tried catching a photo of it. The only way I can do this is to take several videos and hope I get a strike in the frame. When I caught the lightning, I then take a screen shot of the strike. I saw many photos posted on social media of lightning strikes from the recent storms. So many amazing shots--some literally breathtaking. Mine...well, it's a photo of lightning.

Lightning is beautiful, but it can be deadly, as evidenced by a recent lightning strike that killed three people at the White House yesterday. So sad. And, I suppose we accepted a degree of risk sitting on our porch watching the rain fall, hearing the water hit the ground, taking in the cleansed air.

Yes, the storms are few and far between, so we enjoy them when they hit. We're supposed to have a wet day tomorrow. And if it does reach us, if we can, we'll be outside--hopefully safe--enjoying the summer storm. 



No comments:

Post a Comment