Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Sorry County Fair...I Needed More Time


 It's all my fault...I should have known better. I should have known it would take more than a weekend to have someone take the digital photos I wanted to enter into this year's Box Elder County Fair and create submittable entries for the event.

I take total responsibility.

I blew it.

We go to fairs. We're a fair-going family. We tried to go to every Davis County Fair when we lived in that particular county. It was free, after all (you just had to pay for parking...). 

Funny how things are looked at differently depending where you live. Now, there is no Davis County Fair. It has ceased to exist. It's now called the Davis Heritage Festival, but it's no fair, not the way I remember the fair as it was once held at Lagoon, and then at the fairgrounds a few miles away. 

Where we now live the fair is so important, they do not start public school until after the fair is over. When ANYTHING trumps public school, it's a big deal.

When we went to the fair last year, we admired the photo exhibits, among other things. There were many excellent photographs and this year, I wanted to join their ranks. I picked out a couple of photos from the previous year, then I went to see if I get the photographs printed and mounted before the deadline. The only problem is, I waited too long. It would take a week for them to print and prepare the photos. I only had days. In fact, the deadline for submission has just passed...it's officially too late.

I decided to learn from this experience, learn to do more research, to be more prepared. I don't know if I can use the same photos I planned on submitting this year. If so, I'm good. And who knows? Maybe I'll take better photos in the eleven or so months until the fair flags fly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment