Sunday, August 21, 2022

Give Thanks...For Wild Turkeys


Yesterday morning my wife and son were driving across the county when we came across a flock of wild turkeys crossing the road. Yes, it was turkeys crossing the road, not chickens. I'm still confused as to why. As we approached, they returned to the tall grasses.

I don't believe I've ever seen even one wild turkey, let alone a flock of turkeys in the wild. I said this to those in the van, to which my son said, "Why do people live in the city when it's so great here?"

Of course, it's one perspective.

And I can think of millions, if not billions of people who could see the very same thing we saw and think to themselves, "Why do people live in the country when it's so great in the city?"

Of course, it's another perspective.

It got me thinking. It's actually not about where you live, but how you accept where you live and accept the life you have. 

I'm glad to hear my son likes where we live. We made the decision to move a couple of years ago and without other options, they sort of had to come with us. Luckily for us, they looked forward to the move and have enjoyed living at the top of Utah (latitudely speaking...) ever since. We can ask them if they like living here and they've said they do, but they could just be answering the way we want them to answer.

I'm grateful for the wild turkeys (not the liquor...). It was fun seeing them and finding out what seeing them means.

No comments:

Post a Comment